GENERAL LIABILITY COVERAGE FEATURES
- Aggregate per Location – NYMIR does not restrict its coverage limits to one aggregate
- Failure to Supply Water - Full policy limits with broadened causes of loss
- Acts of Terrorism – Automatic coverage for terrorism to full policy limits.
- Sudden & Accidental Pollution Liability
- Pollution Liability - Specified causes of loss for short term events
- Personal Identity Theft - Includes misappropriation of personal identification information (PII) that is stored on the municipality’s computer system that results in wrongful or fraudulent use of information. PII includes; social security numbers, credit card numbers or other valuable information of a resident, a public official, employee or authorized volunteer.
- Optional Broadened Cyber Breach Coverage - provides $50,000 to cover costs affiliated with data restoration & recreation, credit monitoring and notification of affected parties to comply with state and federal requirements
- Municipal Sponsored Recreation Programs
- Allegations of Sexual Abuse & Molestation – Full Policy limits are provided
PUBLIC OFFICIALS’ LIABILITY COVERAGE FEATURES
- Consent to Settle Coverage
- Deductible applies only to indemnity payment
- Full Prior Acts
- Defense Costs are Payable in Addition to Limits
- Employment Practices Liability
- Allegations of Civil Rights and/or Discrimination
- Land Use
- Extended Employment Practices Coverage (Optional)-protection for back wages, allegations of mental anguish and emotional distress. $25,000 Defense expenses available for non-monetary claims.
PROPERTY COVERAGE FEATURES
- Appraisal Program: A professional appraisal company will conduct an independent appraisal of your buildings with values of $50,000 or greater scheduled on your policy at no cost to you.
- Earthquake & Excess Flood: $1,000,000 coverage with a $25,000 deductible. Flood Zones A & V are covered up to $1,000,000 with a $500,000 deductible.
- Pollution Clean-up - $50,000 is available for expenses you incur for clean up of “pollutants” for land, air or water from covered real property.
- Valuation of Building and Contents: NYMIR automatically provides valuation at agreed amount with a blanket limit
- Equipment Breakdown: NYMIR provides coverage for boilers and building machinery/equipment breakdown at all locations. This includes coverage for mechanical malfunction of water and sewer pumps.
CRIME & FIDELITY
- Various limits Available - Can be tailored to meet your municipality’s undertaking
- Employee Dishonesty Blanket Coverage
- Faithful Performance -Automatically Included (Higher Limits Available by Position Type)
- Coverage - Available for all employees
- No Exclusion for Tax Collector or Treasurer
- Responsibility of Elected Officials for other funds- Included Additional Coverages Available Include:
- Computer Fraud (fraudulent transfer of money or property of value)
- Wire Transfer
- Forgery or alteration
- Theft of money and securities -Inside and outside the premises can be increased ($10,000 per occurrence is automatically provided under your property policy).
LAW ENFORCEMENT LIABILITY
- Allegations of false arrest, excessive force, malicious prosecution and unlawful search and seizure
- Consent To Settle
- Violations of civil rights
- Building related illnesses
- Facility related communicable diseases
- Claims of abuse and molestation
- Supervisory exposures in directing auto pursuits
AUTOMOBILE COVERAGE ENHANCEMENTS
- Automatic $3,000 Additional Equipment per vehicle -coverage for equipment installed in or on your municipal vehicle.
- Deductible reimbursement up to $1,000 for physical damage to any municipal employee’s personally owned vehicle while using in the course of municipal duties and responsibilities.
- Replacement cost new valuation for police vehicles 10 years old or newer.
- Rental Expense Reimbursement -up to $500 per day
- Leased, Rented, or Borrowed Equipment- $100,000 automatically provided (can be increased)
- Replacement NEW for Trucks -10 years old or newer
- Expenses exceeding 75% of the agreed value of a vehicle or equipment will be considered a total loss
FIRE DEPARTMENT-SPECIAL COVERAGES
Actual Loss You Sustain Coverage for the following property:
- Communication Equipment, Computers and Media
- Emergency sirens/horns and traffic control devices
- Computers, printers, scanners, modems and related peripheral equipment
- Radio, television, and video equipment, satellite dishes, towers
- Accounts Receivable and Valuable papers & records
- Fire Extinguisher Recharge Expenses due to covered losses
- Extra Expenses to avoid and minimize business interruption
- Commandeered Personal Property of others; includes owner’s loss of use expenses
INLAND MARINE - FIRE EQUIPMENT
- Fire Department Vehicles/Replacement Cost-allowing you to replace with a comparable new truck manufactured to current required specifications.
- Fireman’s Personal Property Damage/$2,500 per Fireman/$5,000 per any one incident -during the course of responding to or returning from a department emergency call- $2,500 per Fireman/
- Fireman's Personal Auto-$1,000 limit -Damage reimbursement to a Fireman’s personal auto.
- Scheduled Portable Equipment-$10,000/ 0 deductible-to Recertify your damaged equipment when required by a governmental agency
- Commandeered Property-$25,000/ 0 deductible- repair or replacement of mobile property of others damaged from a covered loss
GENERAL LIABILITY COVERAGE - FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Limited Pollution- Included for Fire Fighting Activities, training and intentional demolition burns for the purpose of limiting a fire.
- Discharge of Pollutants -for purposes of controlling a fire
- Mutual Aid
- Emergency Medical Technicians- Errors & Omissions Coverage Included
PUBLIC OFFICIALS– Errors & Omissions Coverage (when FD General Liability is with NYMIR)
- Departments and Boards- Automatically Included
- Elected Officials
- Authorized Volunteers
***Please note: This proposal does not expand coverage beyond what is provided in the policy. For complete policy information, please contact NYMIR.***